I’m the queen of playlists. For example, when I workout I need music to keep me moving. Otherwise, I’ll just wander from machine to machine in my apartment’s gym, pausing to take the obligatory #blackgirlsworkouttoo picture. When I’m cleaning (especially spring cleaning), I need a great playlist to keep me on task. So I’ve been inspired to share my personal productivity playlist that keeps me motivated throughout the work week. I try to update it at least every other week with some new songs or revamp it completely.
Music & Productivity
Music while working is a great idea, but I’ve read that different types of music affects our productivity in a number of ways.
– When the task is clearly defined and is repetitive in nature, the research seems to suggest that music is definitely useful.
– It may be beneficial to listen to music you are familiar with if you need to intensely focus for a project.
– For some lyrics, can be distracting.
With all that being said, everyone is different. I can’t promise you that you’ll accomplish all of your daily tasks listening to this playlist, but I know it makes me feel like a #girlboss and I get stuff done. Enjoy!
Productivity Playlist #1
- Dunes by The Alabama Shakes
- Standing On The Sun Remix by Beyoncé (ft. Mr Vegas)
- Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
- FourFiveSeconds by Rhianna, Kayne West and Paul McCartney
- I See Fire (live) by Ed Sheeran
- Riptide by Vance Joy
- I Really Like You by Carly Rae Jepsen
- Everlasting Light by The Black Keys
- Trap Queen by Fetty Wap
- Homegrown Honey by Darius Rucker
- Drip Drop by Empire Cast (feat. Yazz and Serayah McNeill)
- Little Red Corvette by Prince
- That’s Not My Name by The TIng Tings
- Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding
- I Don’t Mind by Usher (feat. Juicy J)
What songs are you playing on repeat right now? Tweet me or comment below! I’m always looking for suggestions for my next playlist.