New year, new me…right? Well we’re not going to go that far, but we wanted to start the new year off by sharing some of our 2016 goals – personal and blogging.
2016 Goals – Ace
- Write a book: Although I’ve been working with my cousin to write her memoir, I want to create my own project. A few weeks ago, I created a timeline to start implementing the end of January. There are a few ideas floating around in my head, but I haven’t narrowed it down yet to what my book will actually be about.
- Social media cleanse: I already took a baby step with Facebook by deleting the app from phone. My social networks are way overdue for an unfriend and unfollow spree.
- Learn about chakras: Another part of my social media cleanse is following people who actually interest me. The common theme in the latest accounts I follow is they tweet a lot about chakras and balance. Lately I’ve been taking shots of Apple Cider Vinegar to wake-up my third eye chakra (Ajna). So it’ll be pretty cool to learn about how to balance and align the rest of my chakras.
- Start using a planner: I think I was so good at “schooling” because I always wrote things down. Whether it was notes on a chapter, adding my work schedule to my calendar or just doodling. So the goal is to start using a physical calendar instead of a digital one (also known as my iPhone). My life was just a tad more stable when I had some sort of routine, and a planner will help me get back on track.
- Design a journal: Even if it’s just for myself to use, I want to design a space for me to write my daily thoughts.
- Learn to code: I used to be really into this stuff when I was a kid, so it’s time to bring it back. I signed up for a few free, online coding courses. Hopefully, I’ll put them to use in 2016!
- Connect with The Palmetto Peaches’ target audience/readers: I’d like to bring in more authentic readers who actually want to read what I’m saying–instead of folks just trying to get a follow back.
- Rebrand my personal blog: The Palmetto Peaches blog isn’t the place for me to remove my filter, or speak on every issue that bothers me. Soooo, I need to rebrand myself, and connect with my future tribe in 2016.
2016 Goals – Donni
I’ve moved into my new 2016 planner and one thing that I’m implementing is a monthly mission board that houses goals by the following categories: financial, health, home, personal, social and work. I’m not going to share all of my goals, but below you can get an idea of what I’m working toward this year.
- One year saving challenge – I’m sure some of you have heard of this idea. Every week you put a set amount away in savings and the amount increases or decreases in set increments. With my saving challenge, my goal is to is have $1378 saved. I’ve created a printable for anyone who wants to join me on this challenge. I’ve also created a blank version so you could set your own amounts based on your financial goals.
- I want to get back on track with committing to a fitness routine. By the end of the year, I would like to have a routine figured out that I’m consistently working out 3 times a week.
- Drink 96 ounces of water per day.
- Working on my personal relationship with God. With any relationship, there are ups and downs and I’m at the point where I would like strengthen my faith. No matter what or who you believe in, hopefully you can understand my need to embark on a spiritual journey of sorts.
- Read 24 books. To be honest my original goal was 52 books. I love to read, but I’m not sure this was realistic with some of the other goals I have. I’ve joined the Paper and Glam book club and am excited to join these ladies reading a new book each month. I’ve also chosen a second selection for each month. You see my full 2016 reading list here.
- Write about things that scare me. While I like making you guys chuckle about why Fifty Shades of Grey is the worst book ever written, I want to write deeper posts. So more personal topics coming this year!
- Take more blogging e-courses. I’ve participated in a few e-courses last year, but a few turned into let me tell you why my blog is awesome presentations – which obviously wasn’t very helpful. If anyone has any suggestions for some good e-courses,please leave them in the comments below.
What are your goals for 2016? Leave us a comment below.