I looked up what words are most commonly associated with spring and these were my favorite:
Spring Bucket List
- Smell the flowers. Take a walk in the park or visit your local botanical garden. I’m planning to check out Atlanta Blooms! and smell the flowers. 🙂
- Decorate your home with fresh tulips and daffodils.
- Fly a kite. One of the best dates I’ve been on was out to Piedmont Park to fly kites. We failed miserably at it, but it was so much fun.
- Blow bubbles and or dandelions.
- ________ in the rain. The saying goes: Though April showers may come your way, they bring the flowers that bloom in May. So go jump in puddles, sing, dance or kiss in the rain, or simply take time to listen to the rain.
Have a picnic. I just need an excuse to buy this cute gingham lined picnic basket I’ve been eyeing for the longest.
Leave your windows open to catch a spring breeze.
Enjoy a baseball game. Even if sports aren’t your thing, there will be delicious hot dogs and beer.
Visit your local farmers market.
Plant some greenery. Listen, I don’t have a green thumb at all. Last year I killed my herb garden within a few weeks, but at first you don’t succeed…
- Make a bird feeder.
- Host a tea party. Donni, what are you like 7? Yes, going on 27. Seriously though, put put on a floppy hat and a sundress and host a tea party for some of your friends. I promise it’ll be so much fun (just make sure you have some fancy tiny finger sandwiches)!
- Play with sidewalk chalk.
- Visit a festival. We’ve got a ton of art and music festivals in Atlanta — many of them are free. Check out what’s happening locally or a festival that would make a fun day trip.
What are some of the things on your Spring Bucket List? Leave a comment below.