When this post goes live it will be my 27th birthday! *vogues around the room* I love seeing people’s birthday bucket lists. Now I originally thought I’d make of list of activities I want to do before my next birthday, but decided against it. A 30 before 30 list gives me three years to get these items crossed off of my list. I think that’s pretty reasonable and a few items are in the works right now.
So what do I hope to accomplish by my 30th birthday?
30 Before 30 List
- Attend Comic Con – in full cosplay. Michonne, Harley Quinn, or a Disney villain are high on my list.
- Ride on a motorcycle. Motorcycles terrify me, but I want to make conquering my fears a priority.
- Visit at least two places on my dream destinations list.
- Write a book.
- Purchase my first home. In progress.
- Buy an DSLR and take a photography class. Last year, I upgraded my camera, but I want to take it a step further and take a photography class.
- Become a Big Sister.
- Test drive a Tesla.
- Run a half marathon.
- Take a mixology or bartending class. Vodka and pineapple juice is about as complicated as my drink mixing get these days. I’d love to be able to craft a complicated cocktail for a friend or at a dinner party (see #30).
- Learn Spanish and brush up on my French. I want to be fluent in both of these languages. I’m not too old to learn, right?
- Join a dodgeball league. And DOMINATE! 🙂
- Ride an elephant.
- Master macarons. Last week, I failed to make some simple sugar cookies, so I have a long way to go. I’m also realizing, I’m not a great a baker as I think I am. Don’t worry though my drunken cupcakes still slay!
- Take a sewing class.
- Start playing piano again. My mom is jumping for joy. I quit piano lessons in third grade so that I can I could take more dance classes.
- Get a tattoo. I’ve wanted a tattoo since I was 17 and something always happened to stop me. No more excuses. I’m getting my ink.
- Treat myself to a pair of Louboutins.
- Fall in love. I was going to exclude this from this list, but I’m trying to be more open. I love my family and friends. I’ve cared deeply for guys that I’ve dated, but I can’t say that I’ve ever really been in love.
- Plant a tree.
- Live abroad.
- Experience Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
- Dance at Carnival. No, not a cruise ship. I want to go to Trinidad or Haiti and get dressed in an elaborate outfit and dance my ass off.
- Invest in stocks. I want to retire in style so before I’m 30 I want to have a diverse financial portfolio that allows me to live comfortable, send my kid(s) to college and throw in some fun activities for myself.
- Rescue a dog. I think Sgt. Pepper would enjoy a fur sibling.
- Tour Heinz Field. Add go to Heinz Field to the list I guess. I’ve never seen my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers at a home game.
- Become a minimalist. I have the potential to be a great candidate for Hoarders. So I’d like live more of a minimalist lifestyle to avoid my own episode on that show.
- Go viral.
- Go on a Napa Valley wine tour.
- Throw a super classy dinner party. There are a few friends who will read this and laugh. We’ve attempted “classy” parties before and it never ends well. We’re a bunch that tends to get rowdy.
Do you have a 30 before 30 or a comparable list? What’s on it? Leave a comment below.