This past weekend your Palmetto Peaches were reunited in ATL. As always shenanigans ensued. From a disastrous attempt to complete Buzzfeed’s Olympics Opening Ceremony Drinking Game to an attempt at Sunday brunch, the weekend was full of adventures. So in honor of us dancing ing Virginia Highlands like we were trying to win a gold medal, we’re recapping some of our favorite things in this Olympics Edition of Friday Faves.
- Gold: We give the gold to the Moscow Mule. After an adventure to Target for copper mugs, we made our own version of Moscow Mules. We skipped the limes and just bought lime-flavored vodka, but they were delicious.
- Silver: Although, one of us was too hungover/weak/dehydrated to fully enjoy them, mimosas at Henry’s deserves second place.
- Bronze: Water belong on our podium because at our age, we know how essential it is.
- Gold: On Sunday, we ventured to the Farmer’s market for a few items so Donni could meal prep and ended up with an assortment of cheeses. We bought Gorgonzola Dolce, aged goat Gouda, and Asiago Fresco. How classy of us, right? I guess after taking shots
- Silver: On Friday night we opted for a white pizza, with spinach, chicken and feta. Who says pizza can’t be a snack?
- Bronze: The Parmesan Truffle Fries at Henry’s were so delicious.
- Gold: Okay, so while not technically a song. All weekend we were jamming to the Sirius XM Fly station that plays hip hop and R&B from the 90s and 2000s. Yasss for all the jams!
- Silver: So every time the Olympics theme song played we had to do a waterfall in that Olympics opening ceremony drinking game. The thing is we were never quite clear if we heard it,so we would just do the waterfall anyway. Bad decision.
- Bronze: “Wipe Me Down” – If only we could have captured the epic dance party that went down in Virginia Highlands. It was definitely a throwback to a night in 5 Points during our undergrad days.
Michael Phelps is living proof that what you do in Five Points does not define you.
— Danielle Barilla (@barilladm) August 8, 2016
Fave Olympic Sport
- Gold: Women’s gymnastics runs away with the competition. Simone Biles is just amazing to watch. Aly Raisman’s parents are just as entertaining to watch as the gymnast herself, and we simply love Gabby Douglas and the rest of the team.
- Silver: Three names: Michael Phelps, Missy Franklin, and Simone Manuel. They alone make swimming interesting, but add in Ryan Lochte’s hair and swimming easily comes in second.
- Bronze: This is hard. You can’t go wrong with basketball. However, how bomb has Kerri Walsh Jennings and April Ross been dominating beach volleyball? We can’t decide on a winner for this one.
Are you watching the Olympics? Let us know what you’ve loved so far in the comments below!