Happy Howl-o-ween, peeps! This year, I’m totally unprepared for Halloween. However, Sgt. Pepper has a costume. He’s going to be Reptar. Well to be fair, I purchased a $3 dinosaur costume for Target, but I’m going to tell everyone he’s Reptar. P.S. Did you know Reptar bars are now real? In honor of Pep’s Howl-o-ween, I am sharing this month’s Halloween themed BarkBox.
What is BarkBox?
BarkBox is a monthly subscription box for dogs of all sizes. Each box comes with two bags of treats, one chew, and two toys. Everything is tied together with a theme. All the treats are natural and made in the US or Canada. BarkBox is billed monthly. Additionally, the prices decrease if you commit to a 6 or 12 month plan. I pay $25 a month for a six month plan. You also have the option to join the Extra Toy Club for an additional $9 per month. The first box ships right away and subsequent boxes ship on the 15th of each month.
Happy Howl-o-ween – Barkbox Review
This month’s theme was: Household Horrors. I love getting this subscription box for Sgt. Pepper. The box genuinely gets him so excited. He sticks his little nose in the box and starts pulling things out. It’s too cute!
Items in October’s Box
- American Hound Soft Turkey Treats – ($8)
- Thinkers Stick Chicken Recipe (x2) – ($3) Oddly, I couldn’t find the chicken flavor on their website, but they do have a duck flavored stick, if you’d like one for your pooch.
The treats usually match the theme and this month they didn’t. I reached out to Barkbox about this and they are actually sending Sgt. Pepper some Halloween themed treats for free!
- Scare Dryer – ($8) – Pep actually used to be pretty afraid of the hair dyer. So it’s hilarious he’s been dragging this around.
- Rain of Terror – ($14) Sgt. Pepper is obsessed with the little raindrops that are hidden inside. He’s been carrying them around and napping with them since he found them.
Overall, I’m super pleased with this subscription service. I originally thought I’d cancel after the first month, but it’s been fun to open with Pep. I’m also saving money on treats and toys.
Interested in BarkBox?
You can get your first month free using my referral link: https://www.barkbox.com/r/HNK071JMMF.
Customize Your Pup’s Barkbox
You can choose from 3 sizes based on how big your dog is. This helps Barkbox send goodies that are the right size for your pup.
- “small and cute” for smaller dogs in the 0-20 lb range
- “just right” for medium dogs in the 20-50 lb range
- “big and bold” for big dogs 50 lbs and up
Every barkbox is wheat, corn, and soy free, and there’s even a special allergy-friendly barkbox for dogs allergic to beef, chicken, and turkey. You just have to send them an email telling them about your dog’s allergies and you’ll get the allergy-friendly barkbox for no extra charge.
And if a subscription box isn’t your thing you can always make some homemade treats.
Are you dressing your fur baby up for howl-o-ween? Feel free to leave pictures in the comments below or tweet us!