Last year, Atlanta experienced a “Snowpocalypse” and the city looked like the title card from The Walking Dead.
For any readers up north, don’t laugh too hard at us Southerners. We’re not built for snow and neither is our city.
Welp, it’s officially another snow day here, although I haven’t seen snow fall (and almost immediately melt) on my side of town since yesterday morning. Basically, a snow day for me means I get to work from the comfort of my couch (in my jammies). I’m actually writing this blog curled up on my couch in my Gamecock onesie and sipping a mint hot chocolate out of my favorite mug. While I may not be able to build a snowman, it doesn’t look like Elsa and the cold weather are headed anywhere any time soon, so I thought I’d share some of my snow day essentials.
- Sweater – An oversized hoodie is usually my go to, but this year I am trying to up my style game. This batwing cardigan is perfect for a lazy day in the house or for quick errands around town.
- Mug – Whether you’re a tea, hot cocoa or coffee drinker, pour yourself something delicious in your favorite mug and turn on some Netflix. I fully support a good binge watching session.
- Fuzzy socks – I don’t think any explanation is necessary. Keep your toesies warm, people!
- Slippers – If you aren’t a fuzzy sock lover, I would suggest a fantastic pair of slippers. I love these Minnetonka faux fur-lined moccasin slippers.
- Candle – Snow days are the perfect excuse to light a few candles. Bath & Body Works has the yummiest scents, but I’m a fan of canvassing the shelves of Ross or Marshall’s for candles that are super marked down. A few days ago, I scored an awesome Yankee Candle for about $3.
- Sherpa Throw Blanket – I went sports-themed here, but find a super soft sherpa throw blanket that matches your décor/ team preference for the ultimate level of snow day coziness.
Basically comfort is the name of the game. What are some of your favorite items for cozying up at home? Tweet me at @donnicakelsey.
Stay warm and safe, Palmettos and Peaches!