Summer is almost (officially) here.
Even though it feels like time is flying, we are going to celebrate with a Summer Bucket List! Grab your sunscreen, flip-flops and koozie, and see what we we’re doing to make this summer a great one!
Summer Bucket List
- Sunrise meditation. Nothing says good vibes like fresh air and a morning mantra.
- Make S’mores at a bonfire.
The last few times I made S’mores, I used a microwave or lighter. Don’t laugh.
- Go to a baseball game. I have no baseball knowledge whatsoever, but I love the atmosphere!
- Float the river. Our Columbia friends introduced us to this summer adventure. It always ends with a sore body and a few good stories.
- Travel. I REALLY want to go to New Orleans this summer, but I’m open to going anywhere with a nice view.
- Build a fort. Yes summer is about sunlight and being outdoors, but I’d be okay with an air conditioned fort and Netflix…and snacks.
- Drink out of a coconut. This has been on my summer bucket list for years. You know it looks fun and refreshing!
- Go to a drive- in movie. If you have a drive-in movie in your hometown or get a chance to experience one, I say go for it. If you’re in Atlanta (or visiting Starlight DriveIn is great.
- Shoot the Hooch. I just want a lazy day on the tubing the Chattahoochee River.
- Go to the beach. Basically, I just need to plan an extended vacation home in Charleston.
- Take a weekend road trip. I’ve got my eyes on Nashville.
- Play in a sprinkler/on a slip-n-slide. Last year (on my birthday) Slide the City was canceled so I can’t personally vouch for event, but it looks like so much fun. If it comes to a city near you, go and tell me about it.
- Play with sidewalk chalk. Because #ForeverYoung.
- Make homemade ice cream. Do I really need a reason?
- Have a water balloon/ squirt gun war. In undergrad Ace and I had an epic water balloon fight with some of our friends…reunion time?
- Catch fireflies. This happens in movies all the time, but I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a firefly. Fern Gully problems, huh?
- Take a nap in a hammock. I repeat: Do I really need a reason?
What are some of the things on your Summer bucket list? Leave us a comment below.