There could’ve been a few titles for this playlist. In My Feelings was a close second, followed by Emotional Torture. I stuck with Daydream Playlist, because regardless if I’m sad, happy or angry–all roads lead to daydreaming.
- a series of pleasant thoughts that distract one’s attention from the present.
What goes perfectly with a good daydream? Good music, of course. By “good” music, I mean those jams that really make ya think. Although I’m always down for a good twerk session, listening to slow jams is one of my favorite distractions. Closed eyes + loud headphones = the perfect set up for an escape from reality. The more I separate myself from the present, the easier it is for me to get in the zone. That’s why it’s important to not overdo it with the sappy songs. Being in your feelings for too long could turn a good daydream into an emotional breakdown. Hence why this playlist is only 46 minutes long. Check out the songs below!
- Bump It (Part 1 & Part 2) – Erykah Badu
- He Can Only Hold Her – Amy Winehouse
- Vision of Love – Mariah Carey
- End of the Road – Boyz II Men
- I Can’t Make You Love Me – Bonnie Raitt
- When I First Saw You – Jamie Foxx
- Vibrate – OutKast
- Sweet Thing – Rufus, Chaka Khan
- Some Unholy War – Amy Winehouse
- When Your Life Was Low – Joe Sample & Lalah Hathaway
What songs are on your daydream playlist? Comment below or tweet The Palmetto Peaches at @PalmsInATL!