Beg, borrow, or steal (well maybe not steal), a Netflix password because Orange Is The New Black is back. Released early last night, there are now 13 new episodes for us to enjoy. Now I know my last post was TV-related, but I’ve had this date marked on my Google calendar and in my planner since it was first announced. Below are ten reasons why you should
binge-watch tune in to the new season of OINTB.
First, in case you’ve been sleeping under a rock or prison just isn’t your thing (actual excuse I’ve heard for not watching). OINTB is the story of Piper Chapman, a woman who is sentenced to 15 months in prison after being convicted of a decade-old crime of transporting money for her drug-dealing girlfriend. The series chronicles the lives of Piper and her fellow inmates at the Litchfield Penitentiary.
- First of all look at this cover! Laverne Cox, Samira Wiley, Danielle Brooks, Vicki Jeudy, Adrienne C. Moore and Uzo Adubo are SLAYING on the July 2015 cover of Essence magazine!!
- This season, we’ll get to watch Daya and prison guard Bennett figure out what to do as her pregnancy comes to an end. Don’t forget, “Pornstache”, who she framed as the father of her baby, was arrested. Even though Pornstache is locked up (and on a new HBO show), I’ve read that his mother will be making an appearance this season. She may try to claim the baby once it’s born / until Daya finishes her sentence. Will Bennett man up and confess (technically, confess again)or will Pornstache’s mom get the baby?
- Speaking of Officer Bennett. I recently fell in love with Matt McGorry. Yes, he’s cute. Yes, I love him in How to Get Away With Murder, but this Hollywood cutie takes some awesome stands on social justice issues. If you follow him at all on social media you know what I’m talking about. If you don’t. Shame one you. Back in March, Matt took to Facebook to say: “I’m embarrassed to admit that I only recently discovered the ACTUAL definition of ‘feminism. I believe in gender equality. Being a feminist is for both women AND men. I AM A FEMINIST.” Then on Equal Pay Day he drafted a great response to the wage gap:
We need to create a society where girls and women are getting the same encouragement and support to build their careers as the boys and men are. From the start.
That’s just my #78cents.
*SWOON* and then to top it off, this happened:
- Mmk, not impressed by Matt. How about all of the other cast members making some amazing comments in media interviews. My favorite may be from Uzo Aduba.
- The show has already been renewed for season four. Yes, that’s right, before it was made available. Also, a half dozen Marriott hotels have added Netflix to guest rooms just in time for OITNB premiere. The hype is real, people.
- Is Vee really dead? I saw her get hit by Rosa’s getaway van, but I’m almost 100% positive I saw her in a trailer. Maybe it was just a flashback?
- Alex is back! And it was ol’ shady ass Piper who got her there. I’m just excited to see Lauren Prepon, but also curious about how her character will respond to Piper’s whistle-blowing.
- There’s a new girl coming to Litchfield – Stella. Oh hey girl hey!!!
- Larry is nowhere to be found. Jason Biggs is not on the list of actors I loathe (Morgan Freeman, Nicholas Cage, Samuel L. Jackson), but I could not stand his character Larry. Thankfully, Larry and Polly have run off to have a happily ever after with Polly’s baby. Bye, Felecia!
- Taystee and Poussey. They are by far my favorite duo on the show. I could share a bunch of clips below, but it would be too hard to choose my favorites. Just know they are awesome!
Do you plan to binge watch the season? Have you already started? Let me know your spoilerless thoughts in a comment below or tweet me @donnicakelsey.