The Aries full moon was on Monday, September 24th. My mood lately is just “meh”, and I know the moon, recent move and vacation recovery all play their parts in it. An e-mail from Carmen Mayes’ Written in the Stars, called “Connecting the Best Parts of You”, sent my full moon feels in go-mode. After reading it, I spent some time writing in my journal about what I was going through.
Before I spill the tea, let me tell you what I know about the Aries full moon:
- Because it happened during the Autumn Equinox, we are extra sensitive to the effects.
- It joined forces with Chiron (bare with me as a I try to explain this). The planet Chiron is known as the “wounded healer”. It causes us to revisit the trauma and insecurities we don’t want to talk about. Go home Chiron, you’re drunk.
- The Aries zodiac sign is all about moving forward, which is the opposite of what full moons are all about.
- During this time, we may react to things without thinking about them which can throw sh*t all outta whack. Sorry for the language, but that one really resonated with me.
- As a Capricorn, my emotions are a whole mess. “There’s very little that can faze you, Capricorn—except a messy display of emotion. But with so many feelings erupting seemingly out of nowhere, that’s more likely to come from you right now than anyone else in your life. At this full moon, it’s important to find a healthy outlet so the anger and rage can burn themselves out… without burning any bridges.” Thanks, Astrology.com, thanks.
Here’s some info from Carmen’s email that got my wheels turning.
Aries Full Moon Feels and Thoughts
The full moon in Aries brings the focus down to our inner-most idea of who we are and what we need to feel safe and secure in order to express the best parts of who we are.
You know what makes me feel stable and secure? Money. No it doesn’t buy happiness, but it sure does decrease my stress level. And you know what makes me happy? Not having to stress about money. A good pep talk also makes me feel stable and secure. All I need is to hear a “you good girl, you poppin’” every once in a while. A few months ago, I was celebrating the end of my summer camp and a friend said, “I’m proud of you”. Hearing it face-to-face hit me in the feels, not because I haven’t heard it before but because it caught me off guard.
On a much deeper level, you may have to spend time reflecting on how your parents, family, or an early life experience created the ego need to protect this vulnerable side of yourself.
This made me think about a time my roommate told me I was beautiful. It was weird to take in because I just got out of the shower, but I eventually agreed with him. What I saw in my reflection, was my mom. I think he saw me at a vulnerable moment: no glasses, hair down yet still nappy, and a towel drop away from being naked. I’m very protective of my vulnerability, and it’s probably because ya girl has some childhood traumas to deal with.
Over the next few days lean into your fear and doubts. If you find yourself pushing too hard to get your way or giving in to easily to appease others – that is your ego or Chiron responding.
This full moon + move is really putting me through it. I really thought I was a free spirit, but it turns out I’m just sketchy. The “go with the flow” lifestyle isn’t always my thing. Also not a big fan of leaning into my fears and doubts. Combining all of that is scary, fam. Moral of this post is: if you see me, talk to me or notice I’m avoiding you more than usual–blame the Aries full moon (or just remember that I have a lot of things going on in my brain and heart right now).
How has the Aries full moon effected you? Comment below or tweet me @PalmsInATL!